Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Changing Scenes into Chapters

Camera directions have been rewritten to the novel form. That's a challenge for me. Most of my writing experience has been in screenplay form. Writing dialogue is like watching a movie in my mind. I can place my characters and scenes on pause until the next working hour. Writing in novel form becomes habitual rewrites. I can't seem to write the next chapter without editing the previous ones that I thought were my final draft.

I've divided the book into four parts: October, November, December and then we jump five years into the future. This may sound strange but when you finally read Faction, these comments will definitely make sense. At least I hope so....Writing the novel this way offers my readers a solid time line. It flows....

No comments:

Post a Comment